Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The next step

It's been awhile. Took some time away from reality to get my mind clear.  I had a meeting with my surgeon and got an idea what my options were.  Limited but better than no options.  The last month has been one of  discovering things that chemo damaged.  Losing my fingernails now. At least new ones are growing in. My sense of smell is all screwed up. I can't smell bacon frying, it's the end!  Left little finger and finger next to it are numb, been that day for over four months.  Eyes are much worse and will be visiting my local eye doctor shortly.  I crave Mrs Grass noodle soup.  I am down 38 pounds and that feels good but to my doctor it's not.  My surgery will be the middle of May as I must be off radiation at least ten weeks prior.  Good news is I get to use the baseball tickets to Coveleski stadium with my sons for Father's day.  Shawn surprised me with them.  Great son!  It will be awesome.

My wife is doing much better and is now eating well and appears to be gaining strength.  Prayers are answered!  On August 6th we will be married 49 years. Seems like yesterday.  Well gotta run, it's bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment